"Technical Sketching," and Projections and
chapters 1 through 3.
1-1. Which of the following statements
best describes the term "blueprint
Interpreting the ideas
expressed by the engineer or
2. Transferring the blueprint to
the part to be made
3. Understanding the symbols used
to prepare blueprints
4. Reproducing the print with a
The standards and procedures
prescribed by military and American
National standards are published in
which of the following publications
on 31 July of each year?
1. Military Standards (MIL-STD)
2. Department of Defence Index of
Specifications and Standards
3. American National Standards
4. MIL-STD and ANSI standards
To find the correct drawing symbols
to show fittings and electrical
wiring on ships, you should refer
to what standards?
1. ANSI Y32.9 and MIL-STD-100A
2. MIL-STD-15 and MIL-STD-25A
3. MIL-STD-17B and ANSI 46.1-1962
4. ANSI Y31.2 and MIL-STD-22A
What is the primary difference in
the various methods of producing
1. The type of paper used
2. The color and transparency of
3. The type of plotter used
4. The type of paper and the
Bill of material
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 1-5 THROUGH 1-10,
REFER TO THE PARTS OF A BLUEPRINT IN
This block is used when a change
has been made to the drawing.
This block includes information
required to identify the part,
name, and address of the
organization that prepared the
This block gives the reader
additional information about
material, specifications and so on,
to manufacture the part.
This block shows
of the part.
the size of the
to the actual size
This block contains a list of the
parts and/or material needed for
This block identifies directly or
by reference the larger unit that
contains the part or assembly.